I am an applied natural resource economist. My work, highly interdisciplinary in nature, combines geospatial analysis, mathematical modeling and empirical analysis to examine feedback between natural and human systems.
Recent areas of interest include:
- Mapping and quantifying the effects of freshwater pollution across space and time.
- Examining storm protection services of mangrove forests.
- Using wildlife behavioral ecology for better management of ecosystem services.
- Providing quantitative guidance for federal species protection listings.
- Linking poverty, land degradation and market accessibility in developing countries.